The President’s Executive Order 13607
“Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members,
Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members”
Department of Defense
Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Utah State University has signed the requested the intent to comply memo and submitted it the VA regarding Executive Order 13607. USU has signed the DOD MOU.
The Principles of Excellence encourages and the Voluntary Education Partnership MOU requires schools to:
- Prior to enrollment, provide students a personalized form covering the total cost of an educational program i.e., Program costs, student debt estimates, and Federal financial aid options upfront.
- The Veterans Resource Office with support from the Financial Aid Office will create a shopping sheet that will address costs and funding options
- Provide educational plans for all military and veteran education beneficiaries
- The Advisors from the various colleges and undeclared will work with the Registrar’s Office, Veteran Resource Office and available Degree Works Software to develop a complete education plan for their educational goals
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentation
- USU does not support or condone fraudulent and aggressive recruiting practices regarding any students. The University will continue to uphold our high recruiting standard.
- Provide accommodations for service members and reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Utah State University understands the pressures of deployment and have developed accommodations for individual deployment through the LOA program.
- Designate a point of contact for academic and financial advising
- Utah State has established the Veterans Resource Office to be the one stop for veteran and service member needs. The VRO will work with you to make contact with both an academic and financial aid advisor and any additional contacts to assist you towards your educational goals.