The Math Placement Exam is used to gain entrance into a specific math or statistics class without having to take the prerequisite class or classes. There are two separate tests that may be taken, Elementary Algebra (EA) and College Level Math (CLM).
The EA test gives a score range that will place in Math 0950, Math 0990, Stat 1045, Math 1010, or Stat 1040, or it will recommend that a student take the CLM test to determine a higher placement.
The CLM exam will place student in the following Math classes: 1010, 1030, 1050, 1060, 1100, 2020, and 1210; and the following Stats classes: 1040, 1045, 2000, and 2300; or it may recommend that the student go back and take the EA exam to determine a lower placement.
- Cost: $10.00
- Where: USU Testing Services, University Inn 115
- When: By appointment, Mondays-Thursdays 8:30-3:30 and Fridays 8:30-2:30
- Register: Call (435) 797-1004 or stop in at University Inn 115. We are sometimes able to accommodate walk-in candidates, but an advance appointment is strongly recommended, as many days fill to capacity well in advance.
- Score: Available immediately.
- Prep: Review materials are available at the following Math Department website.
- Notes: Calculators are not allowed. Math Placement test cannot be taken more than three times per semester and never more than one time per day. Testing for a specific semester cannot happen more than one week after the start of that semester. Check with Math Department for final say on this rule. Students who have not taken a math class or the ACT or SAT exam in more than a year are required to take Math Placement testing to determine level.
This exam is also given by the Math Department in their testing lab, Animal Science 220. See this link for current exam times for that lab or their Facebook page here for more current updates. Linda Skabelund coordinates the Math Placement program. You can contact her at (435) 797-0268, email@example.com, or visit her at the Math Department, Animal Science 117.
USU does not require a general English placement exam for their students.
All foreign language testing at USU is handled through the Languages and Philosophy Department and not through Testing Services. Please contact Languages and Philosophy at 797-1209 for details or Old Main, room 204.
Testing Services (435) 797-1004