Club Sports Swim Team
Check out how our team did at Nationals Last Year!
Click on a Swimmer to browse the Gallery:
- Workouts are held Monday through Fridays from 6:30 am to 8:00 am. Workout schedule will match the academic calendar for holidays and other breaks.
- Dues are $70/semester for students, $90/semester for non-students. Additionally a valid USMS Membership (see below for details) is required, to be bought on your own.
- Thank-you to Utah State University Dining Services for supporting the USU Nationals Swim Team. Thanks for the donated block meals to help keep our swimmers fueled with healthy meal options.
General Team Info:
1. Swim Workout
This program is here to provide a workout to challenge the team members. We target competitive swimmers, triathelets, fitness swimmers, lap swimmers, and any other type of swimmer that is willing to swim the laps. Your level of competition is up to you.
2. Technique Improvement
Record setting standards won't be necessary to join. Instruction will be given to improve strokes and competitive skills. We try to provide an environment that anyone can swim in. However, a degree of lap swimming capability is required.
Everyone is welcome to compete! As part of your registration with USMS, you are eligible to swim at all USMS sanctioned meets. As a part of club sports, we focus on competitions with most students. We welcome all types of swimmers to compete. The US Masters organization is very focused at providing an environment for competition for all levels from highly competitive record holders to fitness swimmer out to meet personal goals. Example: At the national competition, a man in the 90 to 94 year old age group could still swims and take his time. Point being, everyone is welcome.
1. The program will be offered through USU Club Sports (Campus Recreation) and will be available for students and non-students. The fee will cover the expense of attending workouts (Lifeguard cost) and utilizing instruction from the swim coach. Additional items and benefits may or may not be included from semester to semester.
a. Fee will be $70 per semester for Students (90 for Non-Students).
b. Each individual is independently responsible for joining and maintaining membership in US Masters Swimming (USMS), our national affiliate. The cost is $51 for a year membership lasting from any given November to December (13 months). A $25 September to December is available also (4 months). USU Swim Team members must have this membership to swim. Remember to register in the UTAH team and the USUM workout group.
c. Students are affiliated with club sports and receive student fees funding. They will be required to participate to receive benefits such as meet fees and discounted locker pricing. Those participating in the non-student segment are not required to compete but welcomed to.
3. A single credit is available in PE 1301, section 4. You are still required to have a current USMS Membership.
4. These details change from semester to semester.
President - Marcus Singleton
email - Marcoos.email@example.com
Vice President - Christie Bunnell
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Men's Captain - DJ Wiley
email - email@example.com
Girl's Captain - Katie Pulley