Utah State University Logo

Transfer Students


If you are a current USU Eastern student, click here for alternative instructions
(you DO NOT need to submit an admission application)

Current USU Eastern Students

If you are currently enrolled at USU Eastern, you DO NOT need to submit an admissions application to take classes at another USU location. However, you will need to request a major change into a bachelor degree program of study. Please follow these steps to expedite the processing of your major request:

  1. Fill out a Bachelor Degree Major Request form
  2. Fax or mail the form to:
    USU Admissions Office
    0160 Old Main Hill
    Logan UT 84322-0160
    Fax 435.797.3708
  3. If you have college credits from any other institution(s), that do not appear on your USU Eastern transcript, request that official transcript(s) be sent to the USU Admissions Office at the address listed above.

Please note that you must meet the minimum admission requirements of your desired major in order for your request to be approved.

Also, current USU Eastern students who wish to supplement their USU Eastern class schedule with USU Regional Campuses and Distance Education (RCDE) classes can do so without requesting a major change. You can simply register for the RCDE classes you need. Please be aware that RCDE tuition and fees will apply.


  • Fall Semester: June 1
  • Spring Semester: October 1
  • Summer Semester: April 1

*$40 non-refundable application fee. Students applying after these deadlines can still apply, but will be charged an additional $15 non-refundable late fee. Fall semester 2015 applicants who submit completed applications after July 15th may not be admitted in time to register, and may be required to defer their admission to spring semester.

View Scholarship Deadlines

Required Materials (determined by the number of transfer credits earned)

24 or more post-high school credits

  • Application (online or paper)
  • Application fee ($40 nonrefundable, $55 if late)
  • All official college transcripts*

Less than 24 post-high school credits (concurrent enrollment, AP, and in-progress courses do not apply to credit number)

  • Application (online or paper)
  • Application fee ($40 nonrefundable, $55 if late)
  • High school transcript
  • ACT or SAT scores (may be waived for applicants 25 and older)
  • All official college transcripts*

Official College Transcripts

Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from ALL colleges attended. Transcripts are considered official when the transcript remains in the sealed envelope issued by the transferring institution. Transcripts can be forwarded or hand delivered to USU as long as the transcript remains in the original sealed envelope. Also, electronic transcripts are accepted as being official from participating institutions, however, faxed transcripts will not be accepted. Electronic transcripts can be emailed to transcripts@usu.edu.

Applicants must submit transcripts from ALL previously attended institutions. USU is not able to take credits from another institution on another college's transcript. For example: USU is not able to recognize Snow College coursework on a SUU transcript. We must receive official transcripts from both institutions in order to complete your application and to ensure that your credits transfer over correctly.

Academic Requirements

Applicants must meet the minimum GPA requirement for their desired major (see www.usu.edu/majorsheets). Applicants whose GPA does not meet the requirements of their desired major may be offered an "undeclared" major if they have at least a 2.3 GPA and fewer than 60 transfer credits. If your academic work does not meet this standard, your application will be considered on an individual basis.

Transferring Credit

View our course-by-course articulation tables

USU accepts credit from any regionally accredited institution within the U.S. and will try to match credits with courses at USU. The process of finding a course-to-course equivalent is called articulation. If no course match is found, you will receive elective credit for your previous course work.

Students who transfer to USU and have an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree (or have completed the General Education requirements) from a regionally-accredited institution may be deemed as having satisfied the General Education portion of the University Studies requirements. However, Utah State University will require students to satisfy the Breadth American Institutions requirement, as well as any deficiencies in Communications Literacy, Quantitative Literacy, and the Depth Education requirements.

To see if your previous institution is regionally accredited, check out the U.S. Department of Education website at: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx

Downloads and Forms